Today I have for you an Easter or Spring inspired reversible plushy. It has a rabbit on one side and a duck on the other. It was knit using an Addi King knitting machine, however you can hand knit it using size 6.0 mm circular needles. The features of the animals are both crocheted using a size 4 crochet hook.
This is my very first video tutorial, and it’s rough, I know it. I will definitely be practicing my video skills, and hopefully will remake this one into something better. The written instructions are below.
So here’s the video: https://youtu.be/2sqD_A4P9YE
- Yellow, grey, black, orange and pink yarn
- Addi king knitting machine (or size 6.0 mm circular needles)
- Size G crochet hook
- Glue gun
- Yarn needle
- Knit one grey tube and one yellow tube. Each should be 35 rows long. Cast off each tube crochet style.
- Pull on end of each tube closed and secure.
- Turn the grey tube inside out and glue small balls of stuffing all over the inside.
- Pull the yellow tube over the grey tube, and the stuffing.
- Whip stitch the yellow tube to the grey tube.
- Make the following features and sew them to the stuffy using a running stitch. The bunny ears attach well using a whip stitch.
- Duck beak: 6 sc in magic ring. *sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc, sl st* twice
- Eyes:6 sc in magic ring, make four eyes
- Bunny ears: ch 11. start in second ch from hook, sc 9. 2 sc in last sc. do not turn. 10 sc in back loopps of ch. Switch to grey. Ch 1, turn, sc 21. Ch 1, turn, sc 21. Finish off. Make two.
- Nose: 6 sc in magic ring with pink. 2 sc in next sc twice. 2 hdc in next sc twice. 2 sc in next sc twice.