I made this pillowcase back in April. I was at the fabric store, at the checkout, when I seen this fuzzy, super soft material in the marked down remnants bin. I picked it up, loved it, thought, “I could use this to make a blanket”, then I realized was very likely not going to make a blanket. So I put it back. Then I thought of a pillowcase, and I had an excuse to buy it! It was a good decision, since April I’ve only taken it off the pillow long enough to wash it. I don’t actually know what kind of fabric it is though, maybe some kind of very short faux fur?
What you will need:
- Fabric that you like, I recommend something fuzzy
- Matching thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine
- Body length pillow
- Cut your fabric into three rectangles.
- 50.5″ x 17.5″
- 7.75″ x 17.5″
- 47.75″ x 17.5″
2. On your two shorter rectangles hem one 17.5″ side each. You want to fold the side over 1/4″ two times, pin, stitch. This is shown below.
3. Lay the long rectangle good side up. On one short end lay the smallest rectangle good side down. The hemmed edge should be closest to the middle of the big rectangle. This is shown below.
4. Now lay the middle sized rectangle on top of the big rectangle. It should be good side down and the hemmed edge should overlap the hemmed edge of the smallest rectangle.
5. Now pin all of the edges together and sew all the way around all four sides.
5. Turn the pillowcase right side out through the hole in the middle.
6. Insert pillow through the hole in the middle of the pillowcase and pull the flap bit down over the corners of the pillow.