Happy Valentine’s Day! We had a snowstorm today so I took advantage of being stuck inside and spent the day making toddler sized mittens. The Children’s Mittens I had made earlier were too big, so I found a pattern for smaller ones. This new pattern was still too big though, so I adjusted it to make really tiny mittens. Here is the original pattern. My adjustments can be found below.
You will need:
- Worsted Weight Wool
- Size 4.00 mm dpns
- Yarn needle
- Crochet hook for the string
- The pattern I’ve linked to above
- Cast on 28 stitches. Divide onto 3 needles.
- k2, p2 ribbing for 12 rnds.
- Evenly increase by four sts, so you now have 32 sts.
- K 6 rnds.
- Using a piece of scrap wool, k5, put these sts back on the left needle.
- K 10 rnds.
- Decrease over the next 8 rnds (refer to pattern linked above).
- Thumb is the same as in pattern. k 8 rnds instead of 11.
- Crochet a chain to attach the two mittens.